Sunday, November 8, 2009

development




So the yarn has been sat here for 4 months waiting to be knitted up into this cardigan/cape.
This week I managed to sneak in a few hours of personal knitting time, and came up with my prototype.
I'm pretty pleased with the result, it's based around the pattern of my 'moment 2 myself' cardigan, and my iLE AiYE wrap-around caridgans, I've been seeing this in my minds eye for so long it was a relief to finally knit it up. I love that it can be worn in more than one way, altering the front panel to suit your mood, or room temperature, or what you might be wearing underneath. I'd not used this yarn before, and I'm loving the drape, so I reakon i'll be using it again on other designs.
To be honest it looks a whole lot more classy in real life, I wore it with skinny jeans tucked into chin high moreskin boots, and it felt great as an outfit. I might have to make one up for myself.



No comments: