Sunday, March 21, 2010

to long distant friends

Recycled Skateboard Bling Bling Custom Ring

Recycled Skateboard Bling Bling Custom Ring


When I was younger my then BF, and all the peeps I hung around with were bang into skating and surfing, For about 3 years every weekend we'd pile into our VW campers, or our VW Beatles and head off to the Gower in south Wales or Newquay in Cornwall. Most weekends there was at least 20 of us. I have to admit i was pretty useless at both sports, but I was good at hanging out. Many of the grew from back then, are still surfing their way around the world, some have pitched up on the shores of Australia or California all so they can catch that swell, and ride there boards, So when I saw this store on Etsy, who recycle old skateboards into jewellery, it touched a nerve and reminded me off all those long distant friends, If I could, I'd send them each a ring, but for now i'll just have to view their antics on Facebook.

No comments: